Lipofectamine® 2000 Transfection Reagent is a versatile transfection reagent that has been shown to effectively transfect the widest variety of adherent and suspension cell lines. Researchers use Lipofectamine® 2000 Reagent for siRNA- and shRNA-based gene knockdown experiments, as well as for gene expression studies.
With Lipofectamine® 2000 Transfection Reagent, you'll get:
• Exceptional transfection efficiency in the broadest range of cell lines and the highest levels of recombinant protein expression (see table)
• Superior performance for co-transfection of siRNA and plasmid DNA
• Proven efficacy in the presence of serum—eliminates the need to change media following transfection
• Reliable performance for high-throughput applications
• The best choice for establishing stable cell lines
A high-performance transfection reagent for gene expression and gene silencing
Lipofectamine® 2000 Transfection Reagent works effectively with all common cell lines as well as with many challenging ones, and can be used in media with or without serum. For gene silencing, Lipofectamine® 2000 Transfection Reagent's high-efficiency transfections provide the high levels of gene knockdown needed to produce convincing results. Lipofectamine® 2000 Transfection Reagent is the number one choice for co-transfection, given its effectiveness for transfecting both siRNA and plasmid DNA. Lipofectamine® 2000 Transfection Reagent is easy to use—simply mix with nucleic acid and add to cell culture.
Ideal for high-throughput work
Simplicity and speed combined with high transfection efficiency make Lipofectamine® 2000 Transfection Reagent ideal for transient protein expression or high-throughput RNAi transfections. Transfection conditions can be easily established for automated or robotic systems used in such applications.